Three simple words: Let's eat Grandma. Without punctuation (let's ignore the apostrophe in let's for now, shall we?), this sentence is disastrous. A simple comma can make all the difference:
"Let's eat, Grandma!"
Why do I bring this up in my very first post? The answer was almost in the URL, but I couldn't bear to have a blog address without correct punctuation. Bonus points will go to my mother if she ever figures out what URL stands for.
In any case, I've been thinking about starting a new blog for some time now. I like to blog about lots of different things, not just the kids. So it's not just about the kids anymore! Mind you, it never was just about the kids on my old blog, regardless of what the title may have suggested.
So here's to comma-happy me, blogging away to my heart's content. And since I just typed heart, why do we say whole-heartedly and half-heartedly but never quarter-heartedly?
No comments:
Post a Comment